Be a Pattern Tester
What's a pattern tester?
Someone who crochets (and in some cases - knits) up a project with their own yarn from my unpublished pattern. You will help me make sure the instructions are clear and that your finished project closely matches mine. You keep your finished project and post a pattern page on Ravelry with basic information (yarn brand and amount, needles used, finished size) and photos, which I may include on the pattern page. I would LOVE IT if you blog about your project, post about it on social media and post about it on Ravelry.
Normally, testing takes place after I have created the model and the pattern, have had it tech edited and charted (most of the time), and all the sizing is there (if it is a garment or something that can be made in multiple sizes). There may or may not be all of the beautiful photos for publication, but there will be what you need. The main thing is that the pattern will be almost ready to go and as right as I can make it.
I am known for my clear, well-written patterns so the goal is to be sure that things go well for all of my users. You are giving me feedback on anything that might not be clear or read well. If you've never made a [whatever it is I am asking you to test] before, a test may not be the best way to begin. You may want to try one of my published patterns first.
I love beginners, however working on a test crochet / knit pattern isn't really the way to learn to start reading patterns, especially since I am looking for clarity. I'm looking for testers who like to (and can) take beautiful, clear pictures of your WIP and final projects I can share when the pattern is released.
Why would I want to be involved this way?
- Being one of the first to make one of my new patterns!
- Become more involved on my Ravelry page with other testers.
- Credit in the finished pattern (in most cases) and on the Ravelry pattern page (for sure!)
- The final pattern in your Ravelry Library upon release.
- One pattern of your choosing from my Ravelry Store.
How do I get involved in testing your patterns?
- Sign up by clicking on the button below.
- Be sure to respond to all calls for testers. When selected I will add you to a private group email for testers. This is where you will show me your progress, make comments and ask questions.
- Once the pattern is published link up your project to the pattern page. Be sure to include project information, like yarn and hook used, and a photo so I can feature your project on the pattern page.