FAQs, Policies and Disclosures
Got Questions? Here are the answers to my most common questions. If the answer you want isn’t here, be sure to contact me!
I reserve the right to delete any comments that are posted on the blog posts that contain or include any of the following:
- You may not post any comment that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, invades a person’s privacy, violates any intellectual or other property rights, or that would otherwise violate any law.
- You may not post any comment that is commercial in nature.
- You may not post any comment that solicits funds, or that advertises or solicits goods or services. You may not post material known to be false. You may not post messages that contain stock touts. You may not post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
- Email: Although I am diligent in trying to keep up with my communications, whether it is support, general questions or anything else, due to the nature of my work, I only check email 2 times a day. Please allow up to 3 business days for a response.
- Ravelry: If you are looking for a response from me on Ravelry, I check Ravelry only one time a week (Fridays).
- Twitter: I am on Twitter live twice a day, once in the morning and one in the afternoon. Please expect a delay of 1 day for a response.
- Instagram: I am on Instagram 1-2x a day reviewing posts, although you may see postings more often than that.
It doesn’t make sense for me to post about or have a link to a product that I don’t know about. I would lose your trust! And I don’t want that to happen!
Secondly, I don’t make much off the links here, and I look at it more as a thank you for recommending their site or product. I have never joined an affiliate program for anything that I have not personally tried and use! I make my income on Print and PDF Patterns and Books as well as live and on-line classes. Sometimes from a de-stash sale. Always I come by my income honestly, and I work hard to be sure to let all of you know that!
You will notice I do not sell ads, use Google Adsense ads or anything else other than what is listed here. Personally, I am not a fan of ads, and I know you aren’t either. (Ad blockers anyone?) I also feel that it is dishonest to undervalue what it is that I do for the sake of making money at the expense of my visitors, customers and followers. I know that many bloggers do these things, end up with huge payouts that, quite frankly, many of their visitors and followers don’t realize they are getting. That type of marketing is really dishonest (even with disclaimers on their sites – free isn’t always free!!) and it makes those of us who work really hard at what we do have to work even harder to gain your trust.
So with that being said, here are the affiliate programs I am a part of:
- Amazon.com – I love Amazon. I am a Prime member, buy all my books for Kindle and I do most of my shopping there. But as far as payments go, I maybe get a check once every 4-6 months or so. And I usually have only enough to buy another book or two. I will only get a payment if you click though my site on the link. It does not hold a cookie.
- Craftsy.com – As a Craftsy Instructor, you must know how much I do love them! I promote their classes because I believe in what it is that they do, and though I do get a little bit back for promoting a class or a sale, it really isnt a whole lot over the scheme of things. This site will hold a cookie for bit, but if you click through the same class or sale on someone elses site before you make a purchase, they might get the sale. This happens A LOT!
- LeisureArts.com – This affiliate program I was actually asked to become a part of by Leisure Arts themselves. I agreed only because they have done so much for me by publishing my books. Its only fair that I drive a bit of traffic their way too! This affiliate will hold the cookie for a couple of weeks only.
- MailerLite – This is my mailing list. They are fantastic and I really hope some of you will try them. By FAR the best customer service I have seen for a mailing list.
- Denise Knitting Needles and Crochet Hooks – Denise (the company) has been so good to me in supporting my classes with crochet hooks to sample. It is only fair I send a little traffic to them when I can!
- CoSchedule – This is my blogging and social media scheduling software. You really need to try it out if you want to start streamlining stuff
If you see any other link on my site, for any thing else, it is either a direct link to the page without an affiliate, or I have been hacked. Over the years, I have tried others on and off. You will notice that they are no longer part of what I do because I always felt I was losing sight of what it is that I do, and what you want to see from me. It felt slimy and dishonest even with the disclaimers, so they are all gone.
Sales Tax Policy Statement
- Karen Whooley Designs collects sales tax in states where we have physical presence, including Washington.
- Karen Whooley Designs does not collect sales tax in any state NOT listed above because Karen Whooley Designs is not required to collect sales or use tax in these states.
- Karen Whooley Designs does not collect sales tax if we have your exemption certificate on file.
- All physical products ordered will be shipped via US Postal Service (USPS) unless otherwise indicated.
- I ship twice a week, Tuesdays and Fridays unless otherwise stated.
- If your shipment is able to have tracking included, I will post into your account what that tracking number is. First Class Packages that are more than 3/4 inch thick will most often have tracking as will ALL Priority Mail Packages.
- Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I am not responsible for delays due to customs.
- Purchasers should backup their digital patterns to a storage device (Thumbdrive, Disk, Hard Drive) or to an online cloud site (Dropbox, Google Drive) for replacement purposes. It is your responsibility to back up your purchases. Karen Whooley will offer a one-time replacement of the pattern to your account, as long as purchase verification can be supplied. Products, once purchased, will be available to download for a total of up to 2 times.
- All print patterns and books cannot be replaced due to loss. If the item arrives damaged in shipment, please see Return Policy above or I will replace within 14 day of package receipt. Again, I track all shipments so I have a record of when you receive them.
- Pattern Corrections: We have every pattern tech edited, but many times a problem slips through. We keep up to date known errors on our Eratta Page.
- Your Local Yarn Shop : Your Local Yarn shop is a great source for hands on real-time support.
- Take a class with Karen: Visit her Calendar to see when she will be in your area.
- Use our Contact Form: Be advised that we only provide support on patterns that may have errors. The Support Team will look at the pattern and and determine if your question is an error. If not, they will advise you to contact one of the other options.