Purchase Terms and Conditions
By purchasing products/services from karenwhooley.com you are consenting to the following terms of service.
Sales Tax Policy Statement: We have prepared this sales tax policy statement to explain to you when and why we collect sales tax on your purchases.
- Karen Whooley Designs collects sales tax in states where we have a physical presence, including Washington.
- Karen Whooley Designs does not collect sales tax in any state NOT listed above because Karen Whooley Designs is not required to collect sales or use tax in these states.
- Karen Whooley Designs does not collect sales tax if we have your exemption certificate on file.
- You acknowledge that all digital products on the Karen Whooley website are non-refundable and not returnable, under any circumstances, due to the digital nature of downloadable goods.
- You acknowledge that all patterns or books in print on the Karen Whooley website are also non-refundable due to the nature of Intellectual Property Laws.
- You acknowledge that products purchased due to difficulty level or not having the proper software to run them, are not returnable or exchangeable.
- You acknowledge that it is always best to contact us prior to making your purchase if you are unsure about any details in the item description. In the unlikely event you are unhappy with your purchase, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can work something out.
- All items that are refundable must be returned undamaged and in the condition, they were received in.
- Refunds and returns are not offered on orders more than 30 days old from the date of purchase. Returns are shipped at your expense.
- All physical products ordered will be shipped via US Postal Service (USPS) unless otherwise indicated.
- I ship twice a week, Tuesdays and Fridays unless otherwise stated.
- I do track all shipments. I will post into your account what that tracking number is, if there is a number.
- Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I am not responsible for delays due to customs.
- Purchasers should backup their digital patterns to a storage device (thumb drives, Disk, Hard Drive, etc) or to an online cloud site (Dropbox, Google Drive. etc) for replacement purposes. It is your responsibility to back up your purchases. Karen Whooley will offer a one-time replacement of the pattern to your account, as long as purchase verification can be supplied.
- All print patterns and books cannot be replaced due to loss. If the item arrives damaged in shipment, please see Return Policy above or I will replace within 30 days of purchase date.
Pattern Updates: I work hard to ensure that my patterns are as clear and accurate as possible with professionally provided technical edits. However, patterns can be complicated and all of us are human, so errors can still slip through once in a while. If and when an error is found, the PDF pattern will be updated as soon as possible and errata will be posted to the website. If you run into problems with your pattern, please verify on the website if errata exists.
Pattern Support: Please understand that we cannot provide one-on-one crochet or knit basics help. We also cannot provide “how-to” with our patterns. Because we only supply help in the advent of a possible error, we recommend you go to one of the following places for help:
- Pattern Corrections: We have every pattern tech edited, but many times a problem slips through. We keep up to date known errors on our Errata Page.
- Your Local Yarn Shop : Your Local Yarn shop is a great source for hands on real-time support.
- Take a class with Karen: Visit her Calendar to see when she will be in your area.
- Use our Contact Form: Be advised that we only provide support on patterns that may have errors. The Support Team will look at the pattern and and determine if your question is an error. If not, they will advise you to contact one of the other options.